As an organisation grows it produces its own interdependent web of interactions. While this web seems to have a life of its own, it is people who create it, people who maintain it and over time, are shaped by it. So all problems finally come down to people problems. The problem for the change agent is then the management of complexity.
Our approach is like a chemical transformation in which the catalyst is empathy and diversity. We bring together diverse perceptions and get each interested party to listen deeply to each other. This brings about a change in the web through a change in the hearts and minds of the people who are part of it.
This is done in a way that gives importance to:
- the systemic nature of change.
- developing sustainable solutions because they are created and owned from within the organisation.
- the human side of change.
- facilitation as a method of helping people help themselves.
- recognising that the intervention itself is part of the solution.
- organisational learning and resourcefulness